“CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STUDENT AT A TIME.”
WHY WORK AT SOSTEACHER?
Because YOU believe, as WE do that ” EDUCATION IS AT THE HEART OF A FLOURISHING SOCIETY™”.
Are you retired and interested in a teaching job?
We offer jobs for retired teachers! We are well aware that the spark of teaching does not die out easily. Let us offer you a job that includes the optimal working conditions you are looking for to brighten your days. The SOSteacher team, which specializes in tutoring and homework help services, is constantly looking for new experienced tutors in the field of education and specialized services aimed at the improvement of children with learning difficulties. Do you have significant teaching experience? Do you want a captivating, flexible job that makes the most of your autonomy and creativity? You are probably the pearl we are looking for. We are looking for retirees with the following assets:
- Dynamism and interpersonal skills;
- Increased sense of responsibility;
- Ease with technology;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and creativity;
- Great sense of organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in education or experience in a school board.
How it works
- We offer an average of 5 to 25 hours of work, depending on your availability and the need in your area.
- Fill out the employment form.
- If your application is accepted, the hiring process will begin very quickly.
- You will have access to your online account as well as to our list of mandates.
- You will be able to select the offers you are interested in, according to location, subject(s) and schedule.
- Once your application for a mandate has been accepted, you can begin!
What is the role of a tutor?
- To accompany the child in their homework and lessons;
- Be creative in helping students strengthen their understanding;
- Generate comments such as “COOL! “WOW!”, “KABOOM!”, “OUAAH! “… #IUNDERSTAND! #ILoveMath #FrenchNoLongerHasSecrets ;
- SPECIALIST in the subject AND in the art of teaching it.
Requirements to become a tutor:
- Have a college or university level academic background in the field you will be teaching. Here are the fields we accept: English, French, mathematics, science;
- Possess an average of 75% or more in the subject you wish to teach (mathematics, French, English or sciences) if you are a college student, without a completed diploma (your high school file could be considered);
- Have no legal impediment related to employment or any legal charges pending;
- Have already worked with children for volunteer work or for your job in Canada;
- Be available at the end of the day and/or on weekends to work a minimum number of hours for an extended period of time;
- Know the curriculum of the Quebec or Canadian schooling system;
- Be a permanent resident in Canada AND hold your comparative evaluation given by the Canadian Ministry of Education for the recognition of diplomas OR be a foreign student registered at a Canadian university with a work permit.
OK, all that’s missing is the CAMOMILE TEA and the YOGA and CROSSFIT COURSES; we’re working on it!
Our tutors available 7 days a week:
- Remedial work
- Homework help
- Preparation for the entrance exam to private schools
- Updates for parents
- SOSteacher is:
- A dynamic team that listens and understands your needs;
- Accredited tutors carefully selected based on their experience with young people, their specialized academic background, their passion for teaching and their security clearance (based on a background check);
- Fast, affordable and safe service.
You can establish your own availability according to your schedule. We ask that you be available between 2 to 8 hours per week.
Teaching jobs: Recommended locations
We are a young company that is expanding throughout Quebec and further beyond. We serve the areas of Montreal, Quebec City, Laval, Gatineau, Terrebonne, Repentigny, Brossard, Blainville, Mirabel, Saint-Jérôme as well as Toronto, Ottawa, Windsor, and more. We also offer online tutoring to meet the needs of a more diversified clientele, an option that is gaining in popularity.
Do not hesitate to fill out the online application form with your CV and a cover letter that will be read with great interest that will allow us to know more about you. Please note that only successful applicants will be followed up by the SOSteacher professional team within weeks of receiving the application. Thank you for your interest in our company, which continues to evolve thanks to professionals like you!