- SOSteacher will communicate with you via the contact information you provide.
- NO contract. At any time, you may decide to stop receiving your private tutoring services.
- Tutoring sessions are billed every 1st and 15th of the month after the lessons.
- Upon completion of the student file, the search for your tutor starts immediately. This form remains THE ONLY WAY to find a tutor at SOSteacher. This allows us to check the current availability of our tutors in your area, as they change daily.
- There is no charge for the research. Once services have begun, a one-time registration fee of $19.99 (non-taxable) per family will be charged at the first appointment. This fee is part of the satisfaction guarantee as is the first session if you are not completely satisfied.
- A minimum of 5 lessons is required for a student who is not experiencing academic failure to achieve significant results. In this case, we recommend a minimum of 10 sessions, even a weekly follow-up for a period of 3 months.
- You will receive your detailed options by email, thus allowing you to quickly select a tutor, which we reserve for you with great care!
- Does the choice of the tutor NOT MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS? We will find you a new tutor and we will REFUND you for your first hour. This is what makes us the #1 TUTORING company in Canada!
- NO payment will be required before services begin. The sessions are accumulated and will be billed twice monthly: on the 1st and 15th of the month.
- Payment method: billed directly to the CREDIT CARD on your account.
- The use of your SOSteacher online account is mandatory. You can manage everything from your online account at www.admin.sosprof.ca. This allows you great freedom of action, regardless of our opening hours. We are constantly working to provide you with the most user-friendly experience.
- All meetings must be approved on your credit card at the same time as the creation of the appointment. This is not an invoice, but a pre-authorization that only shows up for 2 days on your credit card statement. In the case of recurring declined payments, SOSprof will require that all sessions be pre-authorized on the credit card at creation.
- We are committed to finding the tutor that best suits your needs within the shortest possible period of time – approximately 1 to 10 days.
- There may be circumstances where we cannot find anyone available in your area.
- An additional charge may be applied to the hourly rate, if we find a tutor who agrees to travel a longer distance, with your consent. At all times, you can opt for the online tutoring service: simple and effective.
- Our tutors are experienced, motivating and qualified in their field and have a clean background check.
- Your child’s success is our number one priority!
- Lessons are of a minimum duration of ONE hour. For small-group tutoring, the MINIMAL duration changes, but the rate remains the same: -2 students: 1 hour 30 minutes (45 minutes each, for example); -3 students: 2 hours.
- To cancel an appointment, please cancel directly in your account at www.admin.sosprof.ca or COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY with your tutor at least 24 hours in advance. In case of cancellation within 24 hours of the appointment, a $30 fee will be charged to your account. Thank you for your understanding.
- A penalty of 2.5% per month will be added to any unpaid invoice. After 3 refused payments in the same school year, we will have to remove you from our list.
- Rates may vary throughout the year. They are always up to date and announced on our website and when looking for a tutor: www.sosprof.ca/information.
- Extra Homework and Learning MaterialsIMPORTANT: It is important to let your tutor know if you would like your child to have extra homework that you can correct yourself with the help of an answer key. The goal is not to waste the tutor’s time correcting (he will only correct the failed notions).
- Please note that in order to ensure the safety of your child and the quality of services, we ask that parents be present at all times.
- SOSteacher offers a free videoconferencing platform called SOSprof Learn. If the customer, student or tutor chooses not to use it and prefers to use another authorized platform (Zoom, Google Meet, Learn Cube, Leason Space, Teams), we would like to inform you that we cannot be held responsible for any problems that may arise on platforms other than SOSprof Learn. In addition, it is strictly forbidden to use any videoconferencing platform that does not allow you to regulate access to the session and control who can access the meeting (for example, that anyone attempting to join the session must pass through a waiting room and be admitted by the person in charge before entering the session).
- Agreement valid for the 2023-2024 school year.
You hereby acknowledge and agree, without condition, that, except in the case of gross negligence or intentional misconduct, no member of SOSProf Inc, its partners (including its tutors and all other professionals working for SOSprof Inc.), or any of their affiliates, members, officers, directors, agents or employees (collectively, the SOSprof Inc. Representatives) do not accept or assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever to you in connection with the tutoring program and educational services and that the SOSprof Inc. representatives shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense or other claim by you arising directly or indirectly from their activities or interactions with you in connection with the tutoring program and educational services, including in connection with any consultation between a tutor and the specialists selected by SOSprof Inc.
Without limiting the foregoing, you unconditionally acknowledge and agree, among other things, that SOSprof Inc. representatives shall in no event be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense or other claim related, directly or indirectly, to the Academic Tutoring Program and Educational Services and consultations between our tutors or for any failure or inability to deliver a service as scheduled (including any delay, interruption or cancellation of such service). You assume full responsibility and liability for SOSprof Inc. and SOSprof Inc. representatives for your reliance on any advice, information, products or services received or resulting from any consultation in connection with the tutoring program and educational services.