Are you interested in a teaching or tutoring job?
Are you a student in educatiopn or do you have a teaching certificate? Then this is for you! The SOSteacher team, which specializes in tutoring and homework help services, is constantly looking for new tutors in the field of education and/or special education for children with learning difficulties. Do you have relevant work experience working with children and are you looking for a captivating, flexible job that makes the most of your autonomy and creativity? You may be the person we need. We are looking for people with the following assets:
- Dynamism and interpersonal skills;
- Increased sense of responsibility;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and creativity;
- Strong organizational skills; and
- A specialized academic background to be an accredited tutor.
How it works
- We offer an average of 1 to 5 hours of work, depending on your availability and the offers available in your area.
- Fill out your employment form.
- If your application is accepted, the hiring process will begin very quickly.
- You will have access to your online account as well as to our list of mandates.
- You will be able to select the offers that interest you, according to location, subject(s) and schedule.
- When your application for a mandate is accepted, you can start very quickly!
- You will be evaluated throughout your tutoring sessions by SOSteacher as well as your students.
Eligibility requirements to become a tutor
- Have a college or university level academic background in the field you will be teaching. Here are the fields we accept: English, French, mathematics, science;
- Have an average of 75% or more in the subject you wish to teach (mathematics, French, English or science) if you are a university student without a completed diploma (your high school file could be considered);
- Have no legal constraints related to the job or any legal charges pending;
- Have already volunteered or worked with children IN CANADA;
- Be available at the end of the day and/or on weekends to work a minimum number of hours for an extended period of time;
- Know the curriculum of the Quebec or Ontario education program;
- Be a permanent resident in Canada AND have your comparative evaluation granted by the Ministry of Education OR be a foreign student registered at a Canadian university with a work permit.
You can establish your own availability according to your schedule. We ask that you be available between 2 hours and 6 hours per week.
Teaching jobs: Recommended locations
Online tutoring: everywhere in Canada, from St John to Vancouver.
Do not hesitate to fill out the online employment form and attach your resume and cover letter which will be read with great interest and which will allow us to learn more about you. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted by the SOSteacher professional team within weeks of receiving the application. Thank you for your interest in our company which continues to grow thanks to professionals like you!